A00038 - Who Was Tamara Johnson '73?

 

I received my copy of the Amherst magazine yesterday and, after reading the following article, felt compelled to briefly emerge from my Ramadan meditations to suggest the importance of reading the following article: 

https://www.amherst.edu/amherst-story/magazine/issues/2022-spring/a-glorious-woman

I did not know Tamara Johnson well.  I only had a few brief encounters with her during my student activist days as the Minister of Information of the Amherst Afro-Am.  However, my observations of the times, and of the social environment at the college during the 1970s, leads me to the impression that the college experience of Tamara Johnson was difficult. I encourage everyone to read the article and to reflect, on this Spring day, that, thankfully, in the last fifty years, some progress has been made.

Peace,

Everett Jenkins
Fairfield, California
April 28, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A00173 - The 'Spiritual Wonder" of Van Gogh's Starry Night

Alphabetical and Numerical Listings (1-220)

A00244 - Fatima Bernawi, The First Female Palestinian Resistance Organizer