A00040 - May 2022 Must See TV: PBS: American Masters: Waterman - Duke: Ambassador of Aloha

 

For the month of May 2022, I encourage everyone to watch the PBS American Masters documentary on the life of Duke Kahanamoku.

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/waterman-duke-ambassador-of-aloha-stream-documentary/21022/

Although I have been to Hawaii many times, I never knew the full story behind this Hawaiian legend.  This documentary provides his story with a poignancy that at times brought me to tears.  I wish there could be a way to "require" that every person ... and every child ... watch this documentary.  However, with my limited influence all I can do is strongly recommend that the documentary be watched by all and hope that the life messages of the Duke will be absorbed by some.

Peace,

Everett "Skip" Jenkins
Fairfield, California 
May 11, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A00173 - The 'Spiritual Wonder" of Van Gogh's Starry Night

Alphabetical and Numerical Listings (1-220)

A00244 - Fatima Bernawi, The First Female Palestinian Resistance Organizer