A00097 - Mesmerizing Messi

After completing my nightly mall walk this evening, I came home to pick up my gym bag before going to the local In Shape Fitness club to soak and shower.  However, before leaving the house, I turned on the TV to check the Lakers-Celtics basketball game score.  Somehow while scrolling the channels, I noticed that the FIFA World Cup Soccer Game between Croatia and Argentina was on.  Because of my objection to the games being held in Qatar, I had not watched any of the games.  However, I had never seen the fabled Lionel Messi play and I knew that this just might be his last game on the World Cup stage, so I parked myself in my lounge chair and watched the game. And that is when the magic happened.  


Not long after sitting down, I noticed Messi rubbing his thigh as though he was experiencing a hamstring pull.  Oh no! It appeared that aged athlete just might have to hobble off the field with his World Cup dreams of glory dashed.  But then, Julian Alvarez was fouled as he was approaching the goal.  A penalty kicked was awarded and the captain, Lionel Messi, hobbled though he may be, was called upon to kick it. 
 
Messi, being Messi, smashed the pelota into the upper corner for the Gooooooooooooooooal!

I was hooked and, thank God, I was rewarded with watching one of the most amazing Messi moments of his fabled career.

https://www.republicworld.com/sports-news/football-news/watch-messis-epic-assist-to-help-alvarez-score-argentinas-winning-goal-vs-croatia-articleshow.html

Despite my reservations, I must admit that I will be watching the final this weekend.  After all, who knows what wonders Messi will provide in what may be his final World Cup game.  

Peace,

Everett "Skip" Jenkins
Fairfield, California
December 14, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A00173 - The 'Spiritual Wonder" of Van Gogh's Starry Night

Alphabetical and Numerical Listings (1-220)

A00244 - Fatima Bernawi, The First Female Palestinian Resistance Organizer