A00177 - Must See TV for August 2023: PBS: Independent Lens: Chasing Trane: The John Coltrane Documentary


For August 2023, PBS has a number of programs that I plan on watching.  On Tuesday, August 8, Frontline will air an episode entitled "Inside the Iranian Uprising".  Given my interests in Islamic countries and societies, I will definitely watch and record this program.  A separate PBS station which covers world events will be airing a series entitled "Rivers of Life" with episodes on The Nile, The Amazon, and The Mississippi. I sense that these great rivers may be endangered so I will watch these episodes with some dread as to what the future holds.  The program which I am most looking forward to viewing is an Independent Lens showing of the 2016 documentary Chasing Trane: The John Coltrane Documentary


Out of all my PBS viewing in August, I suspect that it will be the Coltrane documentary that brings me the most joy.

Peace,

Everett "Skip" Jenkins
Fairfield, California
August 5, 2023


P. S. Chasing Trane: The John Coltrane Documentary airs at 8:00 pm on Wednesday, August 16, on the separate PBS station covering the world.  Check your local PBS listings to see if you are similarly blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A00173 - The 'Spiritual Wonder" of Van Gogh's Starry Night

Alphabetical and Numerical Listings (1-220)

A00244 - Fatima Bernawi, The First Female Palestinian Resistance Organizer